2/20/13

Just amazing!


     Sometimes we are faced with difficult stains in the laundry. When I went to collect all the sheets for the week I noticed my son had blood all over his pillow case. Apparently he had a bloody nose in the middle of the night. The stains were already dried, so I was a little nervous about them coming out. I took my Prespot and sprayed the entire case down so as not to miss any. I threw them in the wash with my Melabright laundry detergent and viola! The stains all came out. Much to my surprise because blood is one of the more difficult stains to remove. I just love all my safe, toxin free cleaners. I would never buy anything again. Not only are they effective on tough stains, but because they are all concentrated, they last so long. Even in a house of five.  These are just a few of the many products that my company offers. All of which are economical and safe for the family and the environment. If you or anyone you know is interested in removing the toxins from your home and replacing them with safer alternatives, contact me. I would love to share with you all the information on how to get these and many more wonderful products. Have a healthy day!



2/13/13

Soup Can Lanterns


     My newest addiction is Pinterest. I have found so many great ideas on that network that I can't stop searching for DIY projects that I can use from simple objects in my home. I love adding things to our backyard the most. We seem to be there a lot, so I want it comfortable. About a year ago, a friend of my mother's gave me a fantastic idea for an old patio umbrella frame. It was to plant a vine and make a natural canopy from it. Still having trouble getting the vine growing good, so I decided to move on to the lighting for it in the meantime.
     Since we are a family of five, we go through lots of food. I recycle pretty much everything unless I can find another use for it. Again, I was searching and found another great idea, soup can lanterns. I read through many of the pics and gathered my info on how to make them and how I was going to use them on the umbrella.

 
     It was a simple project to make. The soups cans were first cleaned.  I then filled them about 3/4 of the way with water and froze them standing up. This is so that when you are hammering in your design the can doesn't crush with the pressure. After frozen you may notice the bottom swells. You can hammer that easily back into place. I then hammered my design into the can, remembering to place holes at the top of the can to hang them. Next step was to paint them. The vine on the umbrella is a purple Passion Fruit, so I went with a light green and yellow spray paint to compliment the purple. I have eight cans in two sizes, so I split the colors evenly. I used a piece of wire clothes hanger to make the handle for the lantern. I also painted a design on the outside so they are more attractive during the day too. Now it is ready for the tea-light candles. The best thing about the whole project was that I only had to buy the candles. Love that! Now my umbrella lighting is complete. The rest of the umbrella depends on Mother Nature. Hopefully as the new season arrives it will explode with growth. Have a healthy day!